MINIMUM IMPACT TOURISM
TOURISTS WHO VISIT THE LODGE ARE HELPING IN IMPORTANT RESPONSIBLE TOURISM INITIATIVES.
- Recycling and separation of organic and inorganic waste.
- Treatment of black effluent – from the toilet – using layers sceptic tanks.
- Local material architectural construction adopting natural ventilation using small window screens.
- Rational changing of bedding and towels on demand, to avoid wasting water and energy.
- Training of staff in the responsible use of resources and appropriate supervision of visitors on the trails.
- Using organic fruits and vegetables whenever they are available.
- Offering limited accommodation with the aim of providing a rich experience for visitors while avoiding the impact of mass tourism.
- Banning the feeding of the wildlife, in order not to affect their ability to obtain food and also to avoid making them dependent on humans.
- Responsible management of the Huella Verde reserves, comprising the staff and owners.
The preservation of primary and secondary forest has been made possible by Huella Verde Lodge’s responsible tourism. Huella Verde Lodge directly preserves 40 Hectares.
EDUCATION AND SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
Human development has to occur in harmony with the sustainable use of natural resources. So, making conservation feasible in the Amazon region needs to take into consideration the needs for the population living there. Through education and the quest for sustainable economic activities, it is possible to obtain results that are favorable for human development. That is why the Ecolodge employ local people whenever possible for his maintenance, construction, and guided tours.